Pages

August 29, 2013

Can We Learn How to Draw as Parents Too?

today i have met more than 100 kids around the ages of 5-8 for several sessions of comics and drawing on stones. in one of the sessions came to me one of the guides - a 25 years old  woman and showed me her drawings that she have made during the lesson.

she was amazed more than the children that she could make such beautiful drqaiwngs such these. she told me that before using my "drawing easily" technique she was drawing like a 5 year old child and now, after she met me she feels like she can draw lots of things and at least now she know where to start the drawing from.

I was thrilled to hear her, and became exited about it alot cause it reminded me of my father.
when i was 14 i drew exactly like a 5 years old child and when i asked my father to show me how to draw he sat down with me for about an hour and i still have this first drawing that we did together.

comparing the 2 drawings: before and after my lesson with my father - you couldnt believe that the same person drew them both within the hour.

so today a complete stranger took me back about 21 years!
so I have just wanted to say thank you for that!



so for those of you that are parents now - dont be afraid to start drawing.
it is so much fun and so easy to learn.

i love it if you just try and tell me how it was.
choose one of my "how to draw" books and just give it a try!

yours truely
Amit Offir

No comments:

Post a Comment